Feb 1, 2009

Bigger system fonts on Mac

Maybe I am too old[I am not :)], or I am working with too many 'elder' people in office, I was frequently asked "How can I get bigger fonts on my screen?". Well, I am not talking about "CMD +". It is too easy, most of the situation, they want every thing if possible.

First, I found "Quartz Debug".

I must to say it is very interesting. You should try it out if you've not yet. You will get the bigger fonts as you want, menu, labels... But it may have some problem when rendering the mouse.(Here, on an iMac). All that said, I am supposing you know what you are doing...

Then I tried "TinkerTool".

It is a very nice app. Not only the fonts, it can do other stuff for you too. e.g, I am putting the dock on the left-bottom now. :-) I would like to recommend TinkerTool for changing the fonts.

No comments: