Feb 7, 2009

Smart Sleep - Mac OS X

I can't remember since when Apple decided that when you sleep your laptop, it will write all the data in memory to the hard drive, then go to hibernate. It is a good thing if you are on road, and want to change the battery. Once you power it on, every thing just like before you swap the battery. But for me, I've had 4 apple laptops, I've never done this for a single time. Especially for my latest MacBook Pro, I have to wait it to dump 4GB memory on to hard drive every time. And most of the time, I found it is even faster if you just power off it. I would be more happier if it can go to sleep right away when I close the lid.

Now, you can do that - SmartSleep PrefPane. I've been looking for something like this for a while. Why I love it, you know, now, I can get home 5 mins earlier every day. :-)

No comments: