Apr 4, 2009

Daycare

April 1 was the first day of my baby girl in a daycare center. Since that daycare center is supposed to be the best in town, I've been on the waiting list for really a long time, even before she was born. I was expecting some difficulties, both physical and emotional, but I've never thought it was that hard.

The beginning in the morning wasn't that pleasure. For the first time I know my baby girl is that loud, she cried really hard and not letting her mom go. We sneaked into the private room, which has a one-way window on the wall, so we can watch her, even can listen to her with the help of headphone. No teacher can calm her down. So the mom had to get into the classroom...

Then the next day, she seems to be OK in the morning, but just before the end of the day, the teacher called, my baby girl caught a fever - 101.3F. Then in the next two days we have to fight with the fever. Today, I even had to bring her to ER...

She is totally fine now. As the first time parents, my wife and I really enjoy this whole new experience. We've learned a lot, and we are continuing the process, it is like perusing another Ph. D again, only the experience is much better.

Here is what we learned from the daycare:

1. Your kid will like there, the daycare is like a Toys R Us opened in a small school.
2. Your kid will grow strong, the daycare is like a germ camp.

No comments: